blogger visitor

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

He has come alive!!



Yes , our childhood hero 'Tintin' came alive last evening. Where? At this very place. How? Huh! haven't you watched the movie yet?!?!?!

Yesterday afternoon , Abhay and I booked the tickets for the movie 'The adventures of Tintin' 8:20 p.m show. Between that gap of 4-5 hours , I must have heard it zillion times : 'This is a Steven Spielberg's movie. It better be good' ... And it was! Steven Spielberg lived up to the expectation and took movie animation to a new level. Really! Now I am convinced that a stage will come that animation will completely wipe out human faces from the screens(or may be not :P But it is close :D)

After so long , our dear friend and the legend Tintinwas brought to life! I still have vivid memories of accompanying my sister to the library and renting Tintin comics books for a week. I would often ask her to read it out to me :) I am sure you all can connect with him in some way or the other. No one can ever wipe out the face of Tintin from our minds. The Orange haired curious and adventurous reporter who travels around the world with his best pal 'Snowy'. It was absolutely delightful to watch the movie. I really loved the animation and even though I am not quite happy with the 3D animation I have seen so far, the 3D effect was not so bad for this one. The movie creators have depicted the character in the movie seamlessly. I am sure you will not have those moments that you must have had while watching the movie 'Sherlock Holmes' - 'Aah come on ! he doesn't do that ' :) The movie is an engaging piece of work and includes all the key elements in it : Thrill , Adventure , Suspense , Laughter!

This movie is a brilliant attempt at turning the book into a movie but it can never replace the excitement of reading it again and again and again(and never returning it on time ;) ) by yourself and matching the words with the pictures and creating your own imaginative piece. I always miss those days of my childhood. Tintin has been a very important part of it :) Nonetheless , please go and grab a ticket before it runs out of movie theaters. It is a must watch film!

Ciao ....

P.S : am sorry for not talking much about the characters. I didn't do it for two reasons : 1. I want you to watch it first before I reveal too much and 2. I am really sleepy ^.^ zzzzzz

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous M said...

Really waiting to see this one ...Tintin and Asterix have been an integral part of childhood days...esp. Tintin..I would loose myself in all its adventures (and imagine myself in being in one while reading)...and when the days used to get very hectic i used to look forward when the night would come and i would get ready to hit the sack...with a tintin book in my hand...having read all its series more than once....those were really amazing moments..those days each book used to cost Rs 1000...and hence i was a bit shy of buying all the series at once..so ik used to buy piecemeal..then i discovered a library which had tintin books..and wham!!10 days 10 series 10 wonderful nights !!! :) My dad got one Tintin (The Shooting Star) from Germany...and i could really feel the difference in paperback and all in print pages(the color the vibrant graphics) of the German Publication (I guess the German printing press are preety good..notwithstanding Gutenberg started there! ) as compared to the Indian ones...still a decade later... the prices of Tintin comics remain the same in the country!!!..and so is the print...i saw the movie trailer...the 3D didnt look out of ordinary...sherlock holmes movie was over accentuated if not exagerated version of the books..liked it though...but somkething kinda changed in my perception of Tintin series when I turned into a Machine...like in harry potter series when after the series ws over JK Rowling revealed that Dumbeldore was gay...there was widescale debate if Tintin and Haddock were gay too...for Tintin was never seen being engaged in relationship with a girl..nor Haddock(Haddock would even run from Castafiore Bionca)..to those who may choose to read this piece...and believe in the aforementioned fact...i dare say you are just another stereotype..who completely miss the point !

Nov 2, 2011, 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger Consciousness said...

I am so glad they didn't ever bring a lady character in picture with whom eventually Tintin falls in love and marries and lives happily ever after ... THANK GOD FOR THAT!! Don't we have enough love stories already?? :P

Yes, even I remember Tintin books for their amazing print quality.I think I still have one at home. Will check it out when I will go home again :)

Nov 2, 2011, 5:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home