blogger visitor

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A lazy sunday afternoon with friends ....

A sunday afternoon cannot be spent better than this : Chatting with your friends, sitting on the green grass on the river side filled with ducks , swans and birds and having some sandwiches in the afternoon winter sun ....


Our friends from London visited us this weekend and weather was just perfect ! We did our best to make the most out of it. Yes! We had a picnic in the riverside :) I just love picnics. It is a great way to get away from it all and just give your body and brain some rest. Abhay made his patented 'BlueBird' Sandwich for all of us and despite his disappointment for not being able to make it perfect, it was just perfect for me :) It was far better than going to a restaurant and sitting in uncomfortable chairs and having that perfect dish in a boring room surrounded with dozens of people. Visiting a resturant used to be a treat for me and my sister when we were kids. It used to be a very special occassion and my parents used to make sure to take us for a dine-out on our birthdays and after the annual exams :) Now it is just a routine to get away from the daily cooking and it has definitely lost its charm. A touch of nature makes anything so beautiful. I remember the days in Dehradun. My mom and I used to sit at the backyard of our house till we bid farewell to the last ray of sun and used to eat groundnuts and jaggery! Have you ever tried this combination?? Its really yummy. There is something about winter sun. It makes you feel so cozy and relaxed. Talking about that! The capricious british weather realized that the weekends are over and with the wake of Monday's sun , we are back to where we had left on friday! Cold winds....quivering bodies!
(My dad used to say : If somebody writes about weather in a letter , it simply means he/she has nothing else to talk about :D haha! So it is high time I should stop mentioning the winters of UK in my blog :P) ....We walked in the grass with bare foot and ended up our picnic by feeding the swans and ducks with the bread crumbs.

Riverside @ Worcester

Stole bunch of flowers while coming home ;)


When did you last have a picnic?

P.S - I will add some pictures as soon as I receive it :)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous M said...

Boy! The thing that most attracts me to your blog is your ability to feel the finer things in life which most of the people would not even have the sense to feel(so sad they wouldnt even realize it exists)..and moreso your power and manner of expressing it ..totally giving a vivid view in the readers mind of you having picnic and the ambience..the sunday picnic was soo perfect...the kinda stuff one used to see in good old classic movies and the lore..though I am sure you can do equal justice to your experience sitting in a highbrow diner in uncomfortable chairs having that perfect dish in a boring room surrounded with dozens of people...lol...yea you are right..going out to resturant was so classic those days with families(was something which we would all wait for)..now...as they say..it has become so 90's..i would really go gaga over "Chinese Fried Rice" which at that time onl;y used to be served in some select resturant and in shaadis...now it has evolved into a more oily and spicier version of street food ( we are splendid people! we call any food Chinese fast food that can be cooked in 2 mins and is oily spicy etc..but the actual Chinese food are soo different..n yea..so inedible too..even the Maggi is not a chinese noodle its a swiss product..wonder why they call it chinese..maybe because of quicker delivery time not-so-great quality and cheap cost ! ) I dont remember picnics much..have gone on outings with 2-3 friend circle while I was still human :P ... picnic for me always meant a truck loads of familes and friends going out somewhere ..loads of food to eat.. i remember one special picnic while i was still in High School..truckloads of families..lot of people n family friends..fine sunday winter morning..thoda exam ka tension(coz exams used to happen in March) but ok..lot of foood..and the best part was a preety girl with whom i always wanted to talk but somehow words and thoughts missed the connect...dun get imaginations high story ended before it even started lolthat was the best picnic I had... lololol...now after my Machinization...if i am ever forced to go to a picnic..i would carry a business magazine with me (Yuks! But true :( )... totally a different machine now...signing off for now..as M...not coz because I am a kinda MACHINE (suffix 'gone wrong' in silence lolol)..but for the sole reason...that there aint no M in my name.. :) :P

Oct 19, 2011, 10:36:00 AM  
Blogger Consciousness said...

Welcome back james bond! :) Your words are really encouraging . A big thank u :) Btw , I love Indianized version of chinese ... those burnt noodles that turned charred with soya sauce... Slurp! I think I can give it a try at home... anything I cook is mostly burnt anyway ! ... :D

thanks for sharing your sweet love story too :D that was sweet :) I hope you gathered the courage finally to talk to that pretty lady :)


Btw , have you nicknamed yourself M because you feel like a Machine?? Just guessing... I hope you come back to your real self soon :) May be you can reveal your name that day :)

Oct 19, 2011, 12:20:00 PM  
Anonymous M said...

Noodles with Soya sauce...yummmy...now thats an appettizer...cant wait to grab some foood now...well i did manage to 'breathe' out some words to her that day..like hi hello kaise ho...hehe..and about my real self...wish even i knew what was my real self...I am even a MYSTERY to MYSELF..and even thats not the reason why I call myself M...the sole reason being..........................yeah! u guessed it right ! thrs no "M" in my name ( I can hear rotten tomatoes being slammed all ovr me rite now lolol ;) ) hehe gtg..hunger strikes...will try ur "burnt food " sometime(I hope u r not averse to serving food to Batman ,Spiderman,Phantom,any Tom Dick Harry with a MASK..oops thr i go again with the M thing!!!)...Abhay seems preety happy with ur food hehe :) i think i ll survive :P tc

Oct 19, 2011, 4:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home