blogger visitor

Friday, October 21, 2011


Life is a box of Chocolates ....


It really surprises me how my reaction to certain things vary so much at different times.
For example :


It has happened to me often. My sister introduces me to a certain song and I just don't like it. Then years later, I go to a coffee shop with my friends/family and I listen to the exact same song (trust me, not even remixed!) and I come back to my sister to ask for the song and its singer/album etc. and she recalls the past :P


I think this is the reason why she has simply stopped telling about new good tracks these days. She just awaits till I listen it on streets, at airports, on radio and other weird places :P I think my likes/dislikes for things depend a lot on my current state of mind.



Ok! So! Well, No! This post is not about songs or music or anything related to Do-Re-Me :D Trust me , I am trying really hard to come back to my point here :D (Did I hear 'Chocolates' from somewhere there? Umm , yes you are close :) )



I really love chocolates especially the one full of dry fruits and nuts. There were times when I used to demand for Kgs and Kgs of chocolates whenever someone used to step out of India. I am so over it now! I hardly eat chocolates anymore for no particular reason (No , I am not dieting :P). May be its just because of the human tendency. 'One loses interest when anything comes in abundance'.
But something different happened today morning. When I opened my inbox@office , there was this mail :


" All
Treat from Asda ...
In the usual place in office.
For no particular reason.… :)"

(Note : ASDA is a local store closest to my office)


How sweet! Absolutely loved the thought of buying sweets for your office mates for no particular reason. I immediately went to check what's in there and I found a box of Celebrations Chocolates. I grabbed 2 and honestly , I absolutely relished it even though it was just another regular chocolate. But I think its the thought behind it that matters :) I never enjoy getting treats if I've to ask for it. One should throw a party if there is a reason for celebrations and one would like to share with friends. The idea of compelling someone to throw a party really irks me. So, if you are my friend, don't worry! I would never force you to throw a party in an expensive restaurant or pester you for a treat. Yes! You are safe :) It is the thought that matters to me! It can be as simple as bringing a box of chocolate! It is not about the bill , its the smiles that count!

I am fully flaunting the features of my new mobile :D

Have a sweet day everybody :)


Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous M said...

Boy! I so much wish you worked in my office..atleast chocolates to mil jaata hehe(like the popular jingle in India goin arnd these days-"har ek friend zaroori hota hai")...u know...contrary to popular belief... what i have found that guys like chocolates more than girls...i loove chocolates...not that i am a guy...and by no way am a girl (nothing in between either so stop guessing)...but are chocolates really tasty? its just too much sugar syrups that makes them so...coz wenever i have tasted chocolates or pure 'choco' or 'cocoa' watever in singapore indonesia russians and etc etc they are soo soo khatta...but anyways for me ..a chocolate a day...just manages to keep other chocolates away..lolol..god bless the wild mindless native in mexican isle some thousands of years ago who first stubled upon this plant...

Oct 21, 2011, 7:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home