blogger visitor

Saturday, November 03, 2012

The Checklist : Day 1

Hello everyone !! am back! :) Do you remember this little plan that I had set for myself yesterday? Well! To my surprise , I have more checks than I had expected and amazingly its not the last one :D i.e Sleep and Sleep and Sleep :)



COOKED SOMETHING EXTREMELY SIMPLE :

Its aptly said :
“When baking, follow directions. When cooking, go by your own taste.”

And since I have never ever succeeded in baking , the latter becomes my ultimate option! I love to cook simple food and I love to cook it the way I feel like :) Since we were at home on a weekend after eons , I wanted to eat some really simple home cooked dishes .... I played some music , prepared some tea and got on with my culinary skills (If there is any!)


Prepared some poha/chuda for breakfast!
 
 

And some herbal tea ... I am addicted to it these days!
 
And finally prepared the lunch of my life :)
 
(pardon my handwriting) :D
 
Btw, what is so great about that food on that plate? Well , nothing really! Its probably the world's most simple meal one can think of - Chapati - Alloo Gobi - Mango Pickle! But this simple meal got me the compliment of my life :) Abhay said that I prepared it even better than his mother !!!! I think now I can happily take retirement from cooking ! Wait a sec ... for that I need to get started first ... lol ... jokes apart ! We both had a very relaxing day and it felt nice :)
 
Moving on .... GRABBED MY SLR AND SHOT RANDOMLY!
 
No matter how much my fingers were itching to turn the dial to the auto mode, I made sure it stays on the Manual Settings and did shooting of this and that ...unfortunately just around the house ....Birmingham couldn't inspire me to step out ;)
 
 
Can't help it ! It was on sale :) :D
 
Abhay had got this cute felt flowers pouch for me from a local market
 
Beaded a keyring :)
 
 
GRABBED A CUP OF COFFEE AND STARTED READING A NEW BOOK!!
 
I intended to buy just one new novel but the moment I entered the store my eyes fell into 'The Alchemist' by Paulo Coelho and I  just couldn't resist the temptation to read this classic again! And the store's business tactics of '3 for the price of 2' surely worked great on me as I came out of the store with these and 5 pounds less from my pocket!
 
I will soon update you about the other two... the prologue is surely very exciting and inviting! I am sure this will serve my month's appetite ...
All I need now is a cup of coffee and a quilt :)
 
DID SOMETHING FUN & CREATIVE!!
 
What is the easiest way to bring a smile on a stranger's face? Its very simple! Just smile and you will get a smile back...   
In attempt to do so , I made this 'Take a smile' - tear away sheet and punched it on our apartment's notice board. Hopefully few smiles have passed along! :) 
 
 
I will let you all know by tomorrow if I have succeeded in adding few smiles in this world :)
 
Hope you all enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed this beautiful day ! Will catch up with you all soon :) Take care and don't forget to smile :)




1 Comments:

Blogger chandralekha said...

aloo gobi is really looking very good and the key ring is just fantastic.The thought of making a key ring is just amazing

Nov 5, 2012, 6:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home