blogger visitor

Monday, September 10, 2012

The Leftovers

I had a very simple motto for this weekend : Use the leftovers and give a new life to my refrigerator.

When I woke up today morning, I knew exactly what I wanted to cook ! Something I always fail to achieve..It was a beautiful sunny morning. I opened the balcony to let the fresh air in , played some music and started working on the motto for the day! I opened the refrigerator and found some Alloo sabji that we had prepared the previous day.




 I immediately recalled a dish that my Mom used to make for us mostly in the evenings. So I called my Mother and got the instructions jotted down and I started to follow them religiously

STEP 1 : Took some wheat flour...
 
STEP 2 : Kneaded the dough in the dough maker


STEP 3 : Added some masala to make the sabji a bit more zingy


STEP 4: Made a NOT-SO-ROUND chapati and spread the sabji on top


STEP 5 : Rolled it and cut it into pieces

 
STEP 6: Heated the oil and placed few of the pieces to fry
 
And then! I never took any pictures ...because I was clearing up the mess I just created for myself... The rolls just opened up and the potato got mixed up with the oil :( And the oil started to splutter all over the place.
 
& since I had cut so many sets of chapati roll, I couldn't revert back either. So I mixed the dough and the potato and made some unique parathas :D
 
 
I am sure the picture above must be making this whole disaster story much more clear in your head now!

Finally I tried these unique parathas on my guinea pig and he actually loved it:D And asked me to make some more :) According to Abhay - It tasted like thin pakodas :D And I can't stop laughing :P

Anyway , all is well that ends well. We had our brunch and the leftover was successfully reused :)

BTW!!! I finally found the culprit behind this. The term 'Atta'.
For me Atta is Wheat Flour , but my Mom meant 'All purpose' flour or MAIDA in hindi .... ARGH!!! Am going to try it again , just waiting for the next weekend when my refrigerator will be in the same state again.

1 Comments:

Blogger chandralekha said...

very good koshish chetna.good starting and good end also.very good thing that u managed the disaster so very well.Otherwise i know when a frying recipe fails, it is very tough to repair. well done.And the paratha looking delicious

Sep 10, 2012, 10:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home