blogger visitor

Friday, October 19, 2012

The beauty of festivals...

I always get very excited for festivals. I recon, as a child, we used to celebrate all the festivals at home and my energy level used to be somewhere close to the threshold if not less. Well! Since I have stepped out of my motherland, things have changed. I don’t get a holiday on Indian festivals anymore. I don’t see the fun and festivity outside my window. I don’t see the shopping streets filled with colourful decorations. My mobile doesn’t get filled with smses. There are no special programmes on the television. However , one thing has not changed. And that’s my excitement :) I still feel equally excited as I used to feel as a child.

19th Sept 2012 : Ganesh Chaturthi – Sadly a weekday!
I went to office as usual and then- you obviously don’t want to hear details of my boring routine :P So let me just fast forward … I reached home at around 6pm. Cleaned the house , prepared chhole ,poori and some kheer and Abhay helped me add a burnt flavour to it ;) (Well! Yes, we burnt the kheer :( …how? Phew! Don’t ask :( )
...cleaned the Pooja place , decorated in the most simplistic way thatI could , filled the diyas with ghee … had a quick shower and then did the pooja … and finally had the dinner at midnight.  And I still wasn’t feeling tired. Infact I must not have felt so refreshed for many weeks.



And that’s the beauty of festivals. It doesn’t matter where you are. If you feel the excitement , and if you feel it from within , that’s the essence of the festivals. A simple pooja or a small celebration is also suffice if the feeling is inside :)

Hope you are enjoying the season of festivity :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home