blogger visitor

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Crazy birdies!

We are soon moving to London and that means I will be bidding farewell to my lovely home at Worcester. Although I am absolutely excited to explore one of the busiest cities of the world, there are things about Worcester that I am going to miss immensely. Between all the mess and packing, we both felt that it would be nice to spend our evenings doing what we love to do the most here : Yes! Feeding the birds, ducks and the swans. We grabbed a packet of bread and some mixed nuts and seeds for the birds and headed towards the river Severn. The moment I opened the bottle of seeds , the brigade of pigeons literally charged at me. What happens next ? Yes, I hand over the bird's food to Abhay and stand almost a kilometer away with the camera. Abhay did shoot a video at that very minute but do you think , in my craziest dream, would I ever post it here? :P

Relax birdies. Sit at one place and you all will get food :P Why can't birds sit quietly?? Phew!

See? I told you, there were just too many of them. I am not lying when I am saying this : few of them were in fact flying around my head :D




If those pigeons would have behaved properly , I would have been in that picture. :( Alas! :D. However , soon enough , a little girl came over and I gave her a piece of bread to feed the birds and she wasn't camera shy at all. She posed for me and also proved it that not all the girls are scared of birds in large numbers :D


Oh! She is so cute :)


There are 2 things I have observed about the experience of feeding the birds.

a) No matter how much food you carry for the birds , you'll always feel you should have carried some more. :)
b) No matter how much food you distribute, a bird will never sit at one place and will keep moving to grab the other bird's share !! ;)

Am gonna miss you birdies :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous M said...

I wonder how did Reuter manage to train all his pigeons wen he started the pigeon post...whenever i see a pigeon fly across from barely above the ground i try to imagine it fly in slow motion..like in all John Woo movies lol..wish i also had those black leather outfits and the shades to go with it :( ... M

Feb 16, 2012, 3:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home