blogger visitor

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Day AND Night

I and my team (Synergy Development) went to watch Toy Story 3 today. Before the movie , a short animated film(by Pixar) was being played. All I can say is that the Pixar team is a bunch of extremely talented human beings. wow ! what a concept that have come this time. I have not seen something so simple yet so creative for a long time now! The movie is being called "day and night".Its about two figures representing the day and the night. Both the figures are transparent & identical. You can see through them a particular location at different times. Like you can see a butterfly flying on a hill through the day figure and a fox howling through the night one. Similarily, you can see a lady sunbathing during the day but for night only trash is left :D Its a very interesting animation and really fun to watch!
......If my explanation makes no sense , then you might like to take a look at this.



My favorite moment is when the sun starts to dawn for the day figure and dusk for the night and for a moment they become alike. Its beautiful.The movie reminded me of the animation I used to see in doordarshan as a kid. The animation used to be very simple but the concept and the story used to steal away hearts.Overall I just give two thumbs up to this one :)

Cheers,
Chetna

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home