blogger visitor

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Serendipity!

I just found these lines while searching something else. I think there is a word for it. Coincidence? No , there is a word for a situation when you try to find something and you get something worthy yet unexpected result.(Time to google may be:)) However, here it is !


Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

Absolutely loved it. It is so true. One should cherish tiny little things in life and try to find beauty in everything.

P.S : I did google to find that word (yes ! I hate to keep my mind in curious state for long;) and I found 'Serendipity'. Its my favourite movie and I just love John Cusack ;) and so I have titled this post as that :))

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

loved the moviee too..awesome..long back before one was still a silly romantic and not a programed robot as I m today...but i kinda was fascinated n scared by a word more..its like serendipity..but its not just that..its like wen u find something u were not looking for..which is even more worthy..but the sad part is u n noone else knows tat u discovered something so better...like when Columbus discovered America..he never knew wat he discovered..n was sent to prison for rest of his life for not bringing back the gold he claimed would...like when Vincent Vangogh the painter died of utter poverty..not knowing that most of his paintings one day will be among top 10 moxt expensive paintings... wats the word for that.... :)

Oct 13, 2011, 8:44:00 PM  
Blogger Consciousness said...

Vincent Vangogh didn't die of poverty.I believe he was undergoing pychiatric treatment and killed himself.Wasn't it? I happened to visit Vangogh's museum in Amsterdam and honestly, I wasn't impressed by the work. I did like the techniques that he used and they were unique but the overall effect on the painting wasn't very appealing, atleast to me. But if the world worships his art , then I must be missing out to see something. Coming back to the word hunt, Ummm I don't know any word which means 'You found something worthy but don't realize its worth' Hmmm... will keep the hunt on.

Oct 14, 2011, 2:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home