blogger visitor

Monday, May 14, 2012

In the city of blinding lights ....

Was I dreaming?Did one of my dreams just come true? Pinch me .... Aaaouuucchhh! It was just a metaphor. Hold on, Oh my god! It did :) I just spent my life's most beautiful 5 days with my parents in Paris. Remember , I had told you 'I am highly inspired' ;)

Before I talk about it, I would like to first thank few people/things which made this trip an absolute success :

- First and foremost MY PARENTS , the ever enthusiastic , the ever energetic people I have known. Without their zeal and excitement, this trip wouldn't have been possible.
- Abhay and his meticulous planning!(You were being badly missed in this trip Sweetheart :) )
- My navigational skills which I have inherited from my dad ;) Yes! I do feel very proud about it :D
- And last but not the least , my favourite travel book 'Eyewitness Travel Paris' (picture coming soon... Am too lazy right now :P)




Ofcourse my trips to Paris always start and end with 'Eiffle tower' and so will this post :) Eiffel Tower is one of the most stunning thing I have ever seen in my whole life.I just cannot go past it without clicking pictures and I just never have enough of it. I have found it gorgeous at all times... be it in the daylight ,



in the twilight ,


with lights on ...



 with lights off ...



when it sparkles! AT ALL TIMES!!! ;) No wonder that its a wonder of the world.
(I have been to the top of the tower 6 times !!!!! I know its crazy but its true ... for a second , I felt that an official even recognized me and gave me a smile :D I am sure he must have confirmed that I am some sort of a psychopathic Eiffel tower fan! ) .

This one was my second trip to this beautiful city and I am still craving for more. I am just in love with it! The city is engrossed with rich culture and influential history, great food, and beautiful architecture and one can never get saturated with it.

I was a little nervous as I was playing the role of a guide for my parents and things get even more challenging when the visitor is my dad! Everything had to be perfect ..... I started with making tiny little notes of the places to visit , jotted down basic french phrases ...though I only used 'bounjour' and 'merci' and 'Oui' :D
Sorry for my bad hand writing. I never knew then that I will post it in my blog :D

Cheating Codes ;)

We started our journey from St Pancras International Station,London as my father preferred to travel by Eurostar. I have no doubt about the fact that the speed of the train has left my dad mesmerized :) He couldn't stop clicking pictures and taking videos.

St Pancras Int Station - All set for Olympics 2012
(Picture Credit - Papa)
I don't like the idea of tour packages for visiting places. The tour guides bring back the memories of history classes and I am not fond of them at all :P However, this was the first backpacking tour experience for my parents and I am sure they enjoyed it as much as I do.

Those 5 days have been the most precious 5 days of my life. We had it all - Papa's excitement when we travelled by Eurostar train (Yes, he is crazy for high speed trains and automobiles) to figuring out how to use ticket machine at station with text written in french, from tasting delicious french food to making to the top of the eiffel tower, from strolling in the bank of river Seine to discovering Monalisa in the Louvre. This city has so much to offer that 5 days cannot do justice  and I still have a feeling that I am going to go back again :)

Leaving you all with some pictures that I have taken on my trip..... Seeing Paris through my lens!


Arc De Triomphe

Love Padlocks!
Lovers affix locks to a bridge to symbolize their everlasting love.


Musee de Louvre
When I was inside the Louvre Museum , I asked a person 'Is Monalisa inside?' , he smiled and said yes! I have been reading about her so much lately that I almost forgot that she is just a painting.


View from our hotel!

The 'Monalisa'
Do you know why is she called Monalisa? This painting is a potrait of  Lisa Gherardini. In Italian , ma donna means 'My lady' and Mona is its contraction. Thus comes the name of the painting MonaLisa ... My Lady Lisa. Interesting isn't it?

The statue of Liberty , Paris

Shopping is always in my mind ;) I found that in a shop inside the Eiffel Tower.

Burning Candles , Notre Dame

While strolling in the flower market...

View from the top of Eiffel Tower




Notre Dame


If you see this , you know that my post has come to an end:)

So, when are you planning your trip ? eh?

Have a wonderful week ahead ... :)
Ciao!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home