blogger visitor

Monday, June 12, 2006

FAILURE !!!

Failure.....

Oh, the very word strikes fear into our hearts. The very thought sets us a trembling! Failure! The thing we are all taught to avoid at all costs. The nemesis of life – to fail!A single word that puts a question to your worth,your capability and your future.

Yet, really, I realize an earnest need of failures in one's life!A key to success...

It is well said that "
Fear of failure must never be a reason not to try something.

We have to simply learn from the failures and have to reframe our ideas. If you see failure as signifying the end of everything, then you may as well jump off the Post Office Tower now. But if you see failure as an opportunity to learn – then you have an entirely different take on life.
"
There are no failures - just experiences and your reactions to them."So is one supposed to learn from all one’s failures? Yes! Each failure in life is meant to teach you something about life so that you can advance a little way. It may only be a step or two – but you have learned something about what failure means and that should help you towards future success.

What we need to do is to reframe our thinking constantly, so that we see failure as serving us, as part of the necessary road we have to travel towards the success we desire.

You all know the very familiar story about Thomas Edison, the great inventor. After failing in his experiments to make a successful light bulb twenty thousand times, a reporter asked him whether he was going to continue with his experiments. He replied that of course he was going on, and that he did not regard his twenty thousand experiments as failures, but rather saw them as having established twenty thousand different ways of how not to make a successful light bulb. In other words he saw each failure as a doorway to future success.
That is a terrific attitude!!!and only this attitude can make u shine and glow.:-)

Looking back I can see times and areas of my life where I had arrived in a cul-de-sac. I did not realise it at the time, but I was in a dead end. I would never have achieved my aims if I had continued down that road. But I continued down that road! Eventually I realised that it was a cul-de-sac and that failure stared me in the face. I turned round and went back and tried another road. That it is the key – let each failure teach you how to go forward in a different direction.

But of course we don’t act like that usually, do we? Instead we moan and bewail our mistakes, or we shut up in the hope that nobody else knows about them. What shame our failures make us feel! But how lacking in understanding we are to treat our failures as shameful. They are not shameful. The only shame is when we let failure stop us in our tracks and give up trying.

We all face failure – in large or small measure most days. Sometimes it seems as if life itself has almost collapsed. Sometimes we know that it has just collapsed! And we blame ourselves – rightly as it often turns out, because a lot of it is down to our self will, our selfishness and our ignorance.

It may seem facile to talk, at such a time, about failure being a signpost for future success. But, actually, it is true. Sooner or later you are going to have to pick yourself up, dust yourself down and get started again. At that point you have to remember how and why you made such a mess of things last time. That is the only sensible course as it enables one, hopefully, to avoid making the same mistakes all over again.

"
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up".
Remember,you cannot fail until you stop trying.

So get up and try..........try till you..??.......die??No my dear friend!!
Get up and try,try till you fly

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Reflective blog :-) .. Nice Work !! :-)

Jun 17, 2006, 10:03:00 PM  
Blogger Consciousness said...

thank u apa:)

love u

Jun 17, 2006, 10:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i mus say that this is one of the best articles on "failure" ive ever red. n im not sayin this coz u r my friend...but bcoz it really is...short,well-written,with jus the apt examples and quotes.
sorry for reading it soo late....but will never forget the last line "try try till u fly". hmmm...seems right for my case at this time.
anyways thanx for writin such an inciting article :)

cheerio
:-)

Jun 27, 2006, 8:44:00 AM  
Blogger Consciousness said...

Thanks a ton rohit...ur thoughts n views for this blog means a lot

Jun 27, 2006, 10:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u write really well.amazing.

Jun 29, 2006, 2:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly .. what good is a meal cooked without a hint of spices .. what good is a chocholate without the hint of nutzz ..

And people always blame their fate .. luck on thier failures .. start blaming you approach .. you'll alwayz find a new way after a failure .. a better way for sure ..

I am glad I never had to face any failure in my 23 years of life .. too good to be true naa my life .. or perhaps .. I was so busy tryin new ideas and new wayz around that I overlooked all my failures .. Am I not successful .. am I not Happy ... AM I NOT SATISFIED ..

Oct 4, 2006, 7:24:00 PM  
Blogger Consciousness said...

hey ramandeep
first of all thanks for the comment..

secondly i wud just like to put up my thots regarding ur comments...Its great that u never had failure in ur life and i hope u never taste that failure ever in future as well :D....but thats really strange that in a journey called life of a duration of 23 years..u never failed...Now i dont know what to say!!! i mean whether u r really lucky?? coz i presonally felt that all the failures that i had just made me a stronger n better person....It allowed to face the reality more easily.Success is always a disguise for me..It always takes u away from the truth...

Remember,never quote that u r glad that u never had failure...coz only those have failures who have the courage to accept the impossible...."The Fighters"...and a fighter can never be a looser...Being a fighter is not a sad thing :)...even a person who fails but learns can be satisfied and can feel contented ...it only depends on ur attitude

Oct 7, 2006, 9:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes .. I know I alwayz lack in the right words to express myself .. and yet again .. another similar case ..

Consciousness!! I also said that maybe I was too busy with trying new ideas and ways around that I overlooked all my failures .. It is not necessary to hold and regret you moves on your failure .. which I never did .. I moved on the day I fail .. I have a new plan of action .. good enough to actually erase the thought of failure from my life ..

My Coach once said .. When in Play .. never admire your shot .. never regret or you'll lose the next ball .. you'll lose concentration .. Simply Move On and finish the game first ..

Jyada bola to lagega ki ladayee ho rahi hai .. I am just makin myself more clear .. and I agree My life is also full of failures .. but I have moved on .. and success is what I remember .. the path that I followed I Cherish .. failures are lost .. forgotten .. erased .. lol .. I am no magician with words lady .. no good as you are ..

Oct 7, 2006, 9:41:00 PM  
Blogger Consciousness said...

No ramandeep...i got ur thot and i truely and completely agree with it :)

I just had some discomfort with the statement "I am glad I never had to face any failure in my 23 years of life" and i was just helping u put the same thought in a better way

Once i had participated in a debate competition and my fav teacher was the judge..she asked us "Do u agree that there is going to be only 1 winner and 9 losers??"..and we all agreed becoz it was true.But then she interrupted with her words which i still remember "There are never losers in any match...there is 1 winner and 9 persons continuing their journey to be the one"...in simple words...If u say that u r glad that u never failed....that simply kills the spirit of the article i wrote...so i just wanted to comment on that...Otherwise i loved ur comment and have true regards for it

No ladai ramandeep....its all discussion ...according to our neighbours I and my sis always keep fighting ...But we say "WE ARE SIMPLY DISCUSSING"...See its all about perception and ur attitude ;)
hahaha

cheers
conciousness :)

Oct 7, 2006, 10:29:00 PM  
Blogger Harsha said...

There is a thought:

If you are playing tug-of-war with a tiger. Leave the rope for the tiger before it catches your hand. you can always buy a new rope.

Here the failure is loosing tug-of-war, but still one remain as a winner for saving their own life.

There is alway yin and yang in every event.

Jun 5, 2008, 4:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home